Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inchies!

So I found this super fun site called Craftster.org a few months ago and I'm completely in love with it. They have forums for all sorts of crafts and people to post pictures of their crafty goodness. So it's pretty much amazing! Craftster is where I first discovered inchies. They are tiny pieces of art that, you guessed it, measure 1x1 inch.  It's a bit challenging to work on such a tiny canvas, but I loved making my first inches and they are now proudly displayed in a frame in my bathroom.  I decided to do a sea life theme to go with the ocean pictures I have hanging in there already.  Here are some pictures to share my process of making my inchies. Hope you enjoy!

First I did stripes of water colors, then punched out 1x1 inches squares from the card stock.  I chose the blue and green areas for my sea life inchies.


Here is some progress on my tiny drawings...and some mess up areas as well.


Cutting out the tiny shapes was challenging. I used an Olfa craft knife to do the job.


Here are the finished inches before framing!


I mounted them on a really pretty subdued blue scrapbook paper I got at Hobby Lobby. I love it!


My little sailor cat. He was one of my favorites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment